Toddler maces herself
The Local · 2 Mar 2016, 19:21
Published: 02 Mar 2016 19:21 GMT+01:00
- Disco evacuated due to pepper spray (14 Oct 14)
The two-year-old had been playing under the table where her grandfather and grandmother were sitting and managed to get hold of the pepper spray that her 29-year-old mum had purchased.
It was supposed to have been stored out of reach, and it is unclear at this stage how she got hold of it. But she broke the seal and then when she pressed the button she ended up spraying it in her eyes.
She instantly screamed out in pain and was then struggling to breathe until emergency doctors arrived, and managed to calm her down. She was then taken by ambulance to hospital.
The girl’s mother told police that she had purchased the pepper spray for self-defense and usually kept it safely stored at her home in Herzogsdorf in Upper Austria.
Medics say that after treatment the girl is now expected to make a full recovery.
Story courtesy of Central European News