Two terror suspects nabbed in Salzburg
The Local · 4 Dec 2015, 09:50
Published: 04 Dec 2015 09:50 GMT+01:00
- Kurz slams single sex courses for refugees (03 Dec 15)
- Jewish group urges limit to refugee influx (23 Nov 15)
Robert Holzleitner told reporters from Austrian state broadcaster ORF that the two men, each around 20 years old, had been living in refugee accommodation in Salzburg.
Their fellow Syrian refugees grew concerned by the behaviour and background stories of the pair, and reported their concerns to authorities.
It is believed that the men had participated in armed conflict in Syria, fighting on the side of the Isis terror group.
There is currently no evidence to suggest that the pair planned any terror attacks in Europe, however "investigations are still ongoing", the prosecutor's office said.