New asylum integration plan announced
The Local · 19 Nov 2015, 11:25
Published: 19 Nov 2015 11:25 GMT+01:00
- 'Paris changes everything' for migrants (16 Nov 15)
- Refugees must take 'Austrian values' course (05 Nov 15)
- Austria moves to tighten asylum rules (03 Nov 15)
- Migrants to receive guidelines for EU values (03 Nov 15)
- Values. People receiving asylum are required to attend a course with an emphasis on values and orientation. On the curriculum: democracy, human rights, manners, values orientation.
- Racism. Asylum applicants with racist or radicalized ideas must attend special de-radicalization workshops.
- Kindergarten. The second year of kindergarten is compulsory. Kindergartens must share the constitutionally enshrined values. This is especially true for Islamic kindergartens, of which there are around 150 in Vienna. Kindergarten teachers must have good German language skills and recognised qualifications.
- School. Civic education should be a school subject.
- Religion. Promotion of a "European-style" Islam.
The complete plan is available to read in German.