Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland

Woman hurt by exploding toilet

Share this article

Woman hurt by exploding toilet
Symbolic Photo: Facebook
16:55 CEST+02:00
A Slovenian woman needed hospital treatment for burn injuries Tuesday after an explosion in a farm toilet believed to have been caused by a build-up of methane, police said.

"When the woman turned on the light there was a sudden explosion, leaving the woman with burn injuries on both arms, hands and her head," a statement from Steiermark state police in southern Austria said.

They said the cause was thought to be a leak of methane from a nearby septic tank that collected inside the toilet stall.

A spark from the electrical circuit then caused the gas to explode.

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

From our sponsors

This small Mediterranean capital is the perfect winter city break

Valletta, Malta's small but mighty capital, still feels like one of the Med's undiscovered gems. But it won't stay that way for long. The Local's commercial editor, Sophie Miskiw, explored 2018's Capital of Culture and can't wait to go back.