Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland
Advertisement

Woman hurt by exploding toilet

Share this article

Woman hurt by exploding toilet
Symbolic Photo: Facebook
16:55 CEST+02:00
A Slovenian woman needed hospital treatment for burn injuries Tuesday after an explosion in a farm toilet believed to have been caused by a build-up of methane, police said.

"When the woman turned on the light there was a sudden explosion, leaving the woman with burn injuries on both arms, hands and her head," a statement from Steiermark state police in southern Austria said.

They said the cause was thought to be a leak of methane from a nearby septic tank that collected inside the toilet stall.

A spark from the electrical circuit then caused the gas to explode.

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

Advertisement

From our sponsors

You won't believe how many Stockholmers are actually immigrants

To celebrate International Migrants Day, the team at Beyond Borders hit the streets to chat with Stockholmers about where they come from.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jobs
Click here to start your job search
Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement

Noticeboard

Advertisement