So far five dogs in the Seekirchen area have died after eating meat that is believed to have been spiked with chemical fertilizer.
They died agonizing deaths and the dog owning community is afraid that an animal hater is on the loose.
The first dog fatality happened on Friday evening.
Experts in a special laboratory in Lower Austria will carry out post mortems to determine exactly what the poison was.
The park grass will also be mowed as short as possible and disposed of as hazardous waste, local MP Helmut Naderer said.