Austria's expat tribes: What kind are you?
The Local · 8 Oct 2014, 09:42
Published: 08 Oct 2014 09:42 GMT+02:00
- 'I can't get enough of Austrians' (25 Jun 14)
- Seven signs you've lived too long in Austria (11 Jun 14)
As a foreigner in Austria, you may be entirely unaware that you have become a member of an expat tribe. A simple test can however detect which one you belong to.
Begin by deciding which of the following three descriptions most closely describes you and, if you're wildly different, check out the top ten to find out which group you belong to.
1. You have read every book on the Habsburg monarchy and believe that way back in your family tree you may have some connection to the royal dynasty.
2. None of your friends are quite sure what your job really is but you tell them you work in diplomatic circles, you speak many languages and you have a lot of secrets.
3. You've learnt how to cook the perfect Schnitzel and have invested in a quality Dirndl or pair of Lederhosen.