Ukraine Contact Group urges concrete progress
The Local · 7 Jul 2014, 11:27
Published: 07 Jul 2014 11:27 GMT+02:00
- OSCE calls for more journalist protection (19 Jun 14)
- Ukraine's new president in talks with Austria (10 Jun 14)
- OSCE: Violence risks media freedom in Ukraine (23 May 14)
- The OSCE - a key player in Ukraine (14 May 14)
- OSCE: Putin 'supportive' of Ukraine roadmap (13 May 14)
Meeting in Kiev , the so-called Contact Group stressed "that it was a matter of urgency to make concrete progress towards a peaceful settlement of the crisis," the OSCE said in a statement.
The Contact Group -- which represents Moscow, Kiev and the Vienna-based Organisation for Security and Co-operation -- also called for a next round of talks to "take place with no delay" and talked of holding negotiations "with all actors involved".
Last week, the foreign ministers of Ukraine, Russia, Germany and France called for fresh ceasefire talks involving the OSCE, after the government in Kiev ended a 10-day truce with Russian rebels amid renewed fighting.