Spray can explosion causes serious injuries

The Local
The Local - [email protected] • 5 Jul, 2014 Updated Sat 5 Jul 2014 12:50 CEST
image alt text

The start of school vacation nearly ended in tragedy for two young residents of Haag am Hausruck in Upper Austria on Friday, when their experiment with pressurized spray cans went badly wrong.

The boys, aged 14 and 15, took some spray cans to the abandoned grounds of a local train station.  There, they drilled a hole in the bottom of one can, and attempted to set the escaping gas on fire.

The incendiary action caused one of the cans to explode, which resulted in serious burns to the hands and face of the 14-year-old boy.

He was taken by helicopter to hospital in Linz, where he is currently being treated for serious injuries.

More

Comments

The Local 2014/07/05 12:50

Please keep comments civil, constructive and on topic – and make sure to read our terms of use before getting involved.

Please log in to leave a comment.

See Also