Feldkirch drug dealer sentenced to 3.5 years
Staff reporter · 20 Jun 2014, 15:05
Published: 20 Jun 2014 15:05 GMT+02:00
- Indoor cannabis farms seized in Tyrol (19 Jun 14)
- Naked party-goer hit by car in Voralberg (09 Jun 14)
- Police bust pot 'growroom' in Vienna (08 Jun 14)
- Salzburg club demands legalization of marijuana (15 May 14)
- Austria intercepts huge heroin shipment (06 May 14)
Police had found 120 kg of marijuana, some already prepared for distribution, in his home in the Voralberg region.
According to police, the man had allowed his home to be used as a waypoint and warehouse for drugs being smuggled from Switzerland into Austria. He was paid for this service by taking some of the drugs for his own personal use.
The defendant had been in custody since February. The court held that three and a half years was a very lenient sentence, as the law allows for sentences up to 15 years.
This conviction was the latest in a series of cases brought before the court in Feldkirch, all related to a single gang of traffickers and dealers.